The Circular Economy Opportunity in NSW
NSW Circular today released its report The Circular Economy Opportunity which sets out the evidence for why transitioning from a linear to a circular economy will be vital for job creation and economic recovery post-COVID-19.
The report, which brings together for the first time a snapshot on the circular economy in NSW, highlights how NSW can unlock a jobs, growth and resource boom and be the powerhouse of circular economy innovation in Australia.
“The circular economy can generate up to 50,000 jobs in NSW over the next five years as the circular economy grows and is embraced by industry.” – NSW Circular CEO Lisa McLean
NSW Circular is developing a set of key facts on the Circular Economy to inform discussions on the value of the circular economy to NSW.
This report sets out:
- The state of play in Australia and NSW; and
- The evidence on the potential economic value of NSW’s transition towards a circular economy.
- high potential and high value materials, ie. the ‘future stars’ of the circular economy
- the value of industrial ecology and manufacturing symbiosis in the NSW circular economy
- the social and economic value of circular communities